GABF Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LiquidFlame

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Quick question, is it worth going all three days. This will be my first time, and considering the price of the tickets and hotel, this won't be a cheap festival.

I went to two sessions the first year, found that to be a bit much for me. (I don't attend seminars and just drink) Now I go to the member session only. There are off site events that pop up that are fun to attend.

You'll never be able to try everything. Did 2 sessions last year which was nice because I got to explore parts I normally wouldn't have done over the past few years (like the cheese area). I think 2 was more than enough. They typically release the tap list a day or 2 before the festival so you can come up with a battleplan. Even if you did just one session, there's a ton of stuff around town too (tap takeovers, ect)

I went to two sessions last year. If I did it again, I would just go to one. There is a lot going on in Denver in the way of beer. Plus, if you can, Take a drive up in the mountains one day if you haven't had the opportunity before. We went up and through Rocky Mountain National Park. It was well worth it.

Member only session is the best in my opinion. Been the past 2 years. First year I did 2 sessions and ended up just getting a lot of the same ones. The big ones will still sell out fast so you can't really guarantee you will get them all even if you go multiple days. Plus there are some other festivals in Denver around that same time that may be worth your time to check out but they are not cheap either. If you don't make it to CO very often I would definitely spend the other 2 days visiting the local breweries and go to GABF just the one day for the stuff you can't get around town but I may be a little biased since I spend most my days drinking Denver beer.

I always went to the first session because all of the beers would still be available, then I spent the rest of the weekend wandering around to breweries and the special events they hosted. Last year I avoided the festival entirely and just visited as many breweries as I could.

Ideally I'd go to 2 sessions and attend some local events as well. I do know someone who had tickets to all 4 sessions. I would not recommend this route.

Back