GABF 2014

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Denver Rare Beer Tasting lineup:

Here is the complete scheduled beer list for Denver Rare Beer Tasting VI:

• Alaskan Brewing, Juneau, Alaska, Alaskan Eisbock;
  • AleSmith Brewing, San Diego, Calif., 2012 Barrel Aged Grand Cru;
  • Allagash Brewing, Portland, Maine, Neddles;
  • Avery Brewing, Boulder, Colo., Thensaurum;
  • Big Sky Brewing, Missoula, Mont., 2012 Barrel Aged Biere de Noel;
  • Boston Beer, Boston, Mass., Samuel Adams KMF Grand Cru;
  • Breckenridge Brewery, Breckenridge, Colo.*, 2014 Barleywine Batch #1;
  • The Bruery, Placentia, Calif., Befuddlement;
  • Cascade Brewing, Portland, Ore., 2011 Tangerine Dream NW & 2013 Cerise Nouveau;
  • Dogfish Head Craft Brewery, Milton, Del., Bourbon Barrel Aged WWS & Wood Aged Noble Rot;
  • Ecliptic Brewing, Portland, Ore.*, Orange Giant Barleywine;
  • Elevation Beer, Poncha Springs, Colo., Elitist;
  • Elysian Brewing, Seattle, Wash., The Gourdfather Pumpkin Barleywine;
  • Figueroa Mountain Brewing, Santa Barbara, Calif.*, The Grendel;
  • Firestone Walker Brewing, Paso Robles, Calif., Helldorado & Tequila Merkin;
  • Fremont Brewing, Seattle, Wash.*, Cowiche Canyon Fresh Hop;
  • Full Sail Brewing, Hood River, Ore., 2007 Old Boardhead Barleywine;
  • Fullsteam Brewery, Durham, N.C.*, Tree-to-Sea Gose;
  • AC Golden Brewing, Golden, Colo., 2012 Ctyat, Dark Kriek, 2014 Imperial Stout;
  • Grand Teton Brewery, Victor, Idaho*, Huckleberry Sour;
  • Great Divide Brewing, Denver, Colo., Red Sophia;
  • Green Flash Brewing, San Diego, Calif.*, Little Freak;
  • Grimm Brothers Brewhouse, Loveland, Colo.*, The Wooden Path;
  • Harpoon Brewery, Boston, Mass., Oatmeal Pale Ale & 2011 Chocolate Stout on Brett;
  • Hogshead Brewery, Denver, Colo.*, Divine Right Russian Imperial Stout;
  • Holy City Brewing, Charleston, S.C.*, 2012 Barrel-Aged New Year’s Resolution Doppelbock;
  • Jester King Craft Brewery, Austin, Texas, Snörkel;
  • Jolly Pumpkin Artisan Ales, Dexter, Mich., Lupulo de Hielo;
  • Laughing Dog Brewing, Ponderay, Idaho, 2008 Dogfather Imperial Stout;
  • Laughing Sun Brewing, Bismarck, N.D.*, 19th Amendment Stout;
  • The Lost Abbey, San Marcos, Calif., Whiskey Barrel-Aged Serpent's Stout;
  • Maui Brewing, Lahaina, Hawaii*, A'a Imperial Golden Ale;
  • Nebraska Brewing, Papillion, Neb., Attack of the 50 Foot Brunette;
  • New Belgium Brewing, Fort Collins, Colo., Oscar Kissed Cherry;
  • NoDa Brewing, Charlotte, N.C., Bourbon Barrel-Aged Olde Voyager & Pappy Van Winkle Bourbon Barrel-Aged Monstro;
  • NXNW Restaurant & Brewery, Austin, Texas*, Funk Jack;
  • Olde Mecklenburg Brewing, Charlotte, N.C., Bourbon Barrel-Aged Anniversary Alt;
  • Oskar Blues Brewing, Lyons, Colo., The White Buffalo West Coast IPA;
  • Perennial Artisan Ales, St. Louis, Mo., Barrel-Aged Sump;
  • Prairie Artisan Ales, Krebs, Ok., Return of the Legend (Balcones Barrel);
  • River North Brewery, Denver, Colo., River North Oud Bruin;
  • Rogue Ales, Newport, Ore., Rogue Oregon Oak Whiskey Barrel-Aged Doppelsticke;
  • Sierra Nevada Brewing, Chico, Calif., Barrel-Aged Breakfast at Chico’s;
  • Stone Brewing, Escondido, Calif., 2005 Double Bastard;
  • Thirsty Dog Brewing, Akron, Ohio, Cerasus Dog Flanders Style Sour with Michigan Cherries;
  • Tröegs Brewing, Hershey, Pa., LaGrave;
  • Union Craft Brewery, Baltimore, Md.*, Barrel-Aged Chessie the Barleywine & 2012 Snow Pants Oatmeal Stout;
  • Weyerbacher Brewing, Easton, Pa., Pariah;
  • Wicked Weed Brewing, Asheville, N.C., Genesis;
  • Wormtown Brewing, Worcester, Mass.*, Tart Project Flanders Red.
(* Indicates first appearance at Denver Rare Beer Tasting.)
Tickets for the event are on sale now. VIP tickets for the event are sold out, but a limited number of general admission tickets are still available for $110 each for the 1-4 p.m. tasting.

Aw man, that's a nice list! I don't have tickets to that event but now I am wondering if I need to scare up more money for my GABF trip.

Who's going, and what other events are you guys attending throughout the week?

Shteiven and I will be in Denver from Tuesday to Sunday.

As you guys hear about events popping up or tickets going on sale, post here. I'll keep this post updated with our plans for the week.

Gene and Shteiven GABF plans - updated 8/15 by Shteiven:
  • Tuesday: Arrive in Denver
  • Wednesday: TBD
  • Thursday: What The Funk GABF 2014
  • Friday: Pints for Prostates Denver Rare Beer Tasting
  • Saturday: TBD
*******, Ivan and I are doing Thursday and Members.
Fly in Wednesday night.
Thursday day is probably tooling around denver hitting a few city breweries. And night session
Friday prob renting a car and hitting other Colo breweries.
Saturday members and then city maybe Dr Bill tasting?

*******, Ivan and I are doing Thursday and Members.
Fly in Wednesday night.
Thursday day is probably tooling around denver hitting a few city breweries. And night session
Friday prob renting a car and hitting other Colo breweries.
Saturday members and then city maybe Dr Bill tasting?

This is exactly my plans too, but will be in town until Monday night. So excited!

I'll be there for Saturday DAY session. Will have talk beer sticker on my hat. Will be VERY drunk.

if any of you guys happens to need them my buddy ****ed up and got Thursday GABF tickets as opposed to the Friday ones we agreed on(and i had already bought.) Anyone want to buy them so I dont end up craigslisting them to save us a bit of change? :(

Excited to do WTF on Thursday then GABF members session on Saturday afternoon. Flying in Wednesday and staying until Tuesday it looks like.

First time going to GABF so I'm definitely excited!

I was pondering doing pints for prostates on Friday for the trifecta but I hear non VIP isn't worth it at $100?

Excited to do WTF on Thursday then GABF members session on Saturday afternoon. Flying in Wednesday and staying until Tuesday it looks like.

I was pondering doing pints for prostates on Friday for the trifecta but I hear non VIP isn't worth it at $100?

I don't know who is telling you that. It's been $100 for the last couple years and this is the first year they are doing VIP. It's sold out each year I've gone and it's been fantastic. I did buy the VIP tickets this year but that's because I wanted an extra hour to drink because I didn't get to everything the last two years.

I don't know who is telling you that. It's been $100 for the last couple years and this is the first year they are doing VIP. It's sold out each year I've gone and it's been fantastic. I did buy the VIP tickets this year but that's because I wanted an extra hour to drink because I didn't get to everything the last two years.

Yep, agree with every word of this. Loved this event last year. thrilled to have VIP this year.

Going for the first time this year

Get in early Wednesday, renting car, and drinking at breweries that day (maybe a Ft Collin trip)

Also doing Rare Beer VIP, WTF and probably Sat Members session. Maybe GABF/Farm to Table on Thursday too.

Hope to finally meet some of you bastards there! I'll be the drunk fat guy with a beard - see if you can find me!

Get in early Wednesday, renting car, and drinking at breweries that day (maybe a Ft Collin trip)

Also doing Rare Beer VIP, WTF and probably Sat Members session. Maybe GABF/Farm to Table on Thursday too.

Hope to finally meet some of you bastards there! I'll be the drunk fat guy with a beard - see if you can find me!
How you going to do WTF and GABF/Farm to Table on Thursday? If you can do that I need to hang out with you ;)

You WILL be doing Sat members b/c I'm ticketed for it and I will drag you there. You SHOULD go to Fri night Farm 2 Table while I find a way to amuse myself in your absence. If $ grew on trees we'd be doing the Young Guns dinner at the Kitchen on Wed. The price is worth it just expenses are stacking up(hookers & weed mostly).

You WILL be doing Sat members b/c I'm ticketed for it and I will drag you there. You SHOULD go to Fri night Farm 2 Table while I find a way to amuse myself in your absence. If $ grew on trees we'd be doing the Young Guns dinner at the Kitchen on Wed. The price is worth it just expenses are stacking up(hookers & weed mostly).

Yeah my weed budget is totally maxed out already. Hookers? Do we need those? I figured there would just be a lot of really hot girls hanging out at GABF looking to hook up with sweaty, "husky" beer nerds. Perhaps I'm off?

Just to pile on.....This event is totally worth the $100. VIP is new this year and we shall see if it is worth it or not. So much great beer, access to brewers(Jim Koch will pour yeast packets down your gullet if you ask nicely)lots of food. The raffle and silent auction are sweet too. Only a small handful of beers have kicked quickly in the past so I seriously doubt you would miss out on much.

so many good things to go to. so much money. I'm so excited!!
What do you guys think is the best way to prep... avoid beer for the next two weeks, or drink daily, so the body will be conditioned?

I mean, more like drinking heavily daily. Like drinking daily the amount I plan to drink while in Colorado. Having a beer or two a day doesn't count as drinking.
I am of the mindset that upping your drinking in the 2 weeks before is helpful. But also I try to match my beer intake 1:1 with water intake to survive those few days at high altitude.

Got a couple of PDF's of the Rare Beer map. Thought I would share:

cHws6FO.png

QJcjBwC.png

So what's the plan for Wednesday night? I have no practice that night and I am contemplating driving out for some tip touching. ;)

Anyone on here need a ticket for saturday members? Might have a friend unloading one.

Latest posts

Back