FYI re: Penrose kettle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jubilee

Reaction score
I've been searchig and researching my AG boil kettle options for the past few weeks, for something big and under $200. Yesterday I finally resigned myself to a Bayou Classic 15 gal with weldless ball valve kit. Happened across the Penrose kettle ($189 shipped with SS valve) and called the company. A gentleman returned my call same-day and left a message. For those curious, the 1/2" coupler on the Penrose is now being welded flush with the outside surface. The threads are available outside and inside the kettle for a valve and screen or dip tube.

For a 15+ gal kettle, this seems to be a great deal. It also appeals to me aesthetically, FWIW, as I really like the raw industrial look. Soon as Aug 1 rolls around my order is going in.

http://brewhemoth.com/penrose-kettle

I'm afraid I was misunderstood, the coupler is welded with the inside threads (1/2 NPT) useable from the inside.. Set up to allow for a bazooka screen, dip tube, whatever to be screwed in.

I'm afraid I was misunderstood, the coupler is welded with the inside threads (1/2 NPT) useable from the inside.. Set up to allow for a bazooka screen, dip tube, whatever to be screwed in.

Right...threads available for use with a valve on the outside and bazooka screen on the inside. I think that's what I said....although it's easy to confuse these things communicating in this medium!
:mug:

I know this is an old thread but did you end up getting the Penrose Kettle?

Oh boy, I just dug this up!

Yes I did get the Penrose and I love it 100%. In fact my brewing buddy bought one for himself as well. No complaints and highly recommended!

I own three, then again, I am the Penrose!
Looks like a larger size will soon be availible, something around 24 gallons.

What's the target price for the new one, Dale? I'd love to have something big enough for the occasional 15 gallon batch.

And I'll attest to how well these things are made. I've had one for about a year and a half and love it. One of the best things I've bought for my brewing system.

Is it true that the Penorose is not round? Such that you can find a lid to fit?

I thought I read that on another post.

Chris

You can find a lid that fits it. There is a place in St. Louis that carries a lid that will fit. I think turkeyjerky214 mentioned in another forum that he got one.

Yup. I forget the exact size, but just go to a restaurant supply store. They all carry a million different size lids.

I wanna say it's 15.5".

Latest posts

Back