Funny things you've overheard about beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hudson Bay being nowhere near San Diego, but OK

well, actually... 5 months later, the Soviets did sail into San Diego Bay, but only surface ships... no subs. they could not have made it through the bay submerged

I was just making a dumb joke about taking all Sonar Techs off the job simultaneously.

I know, I know, that's not what really happened. Wrong geography, etc. Just a joke.

I heard someone say it's stout season, like.. every day. That's ridiculous.

Well, isn't that modus operandi for Winter? Stouts and high abv "warmers?"

It's actually quite sad that the stout365 fever took over the one in question, because he used to make the best and freshest ipas ever.
But I'm sure by now he's perfected the best stout ever.

Yeah but the context I heard it in, meant it was stout season every day of the year. Absurd right?

all three of you get berry pawnches. Cad gets 2 extra pawnches for starting the anti-stout propaganda. and it's gonna be in the style of Donnie Yen in Ip Man.

A commercial on Mike and Mike this morning. I think it was for Dave & Busters or something. Not that bad but it made me chuckle. Not sure if they were trying to appeal to the BMC crowd by throwing in lagers as separate from craft beer or what. Went something like:

"Over 25 taps of craft beers, ciders, and lagers."

"World Class" alco-pop?!?! What BJCP category is that now? If I hadn't already lost faith in BA, I surely have now....

BA has it classified as an herb spiced beer, which seems fair. It is down to a score of 86 currently. I am fairly sure the Brewer submitted a bunch of phony reviews (probably before releasing the product) just so they could grab a screen shot and make that claim in advertisements. 86 is still more than it deserves...

A commercial on Mike and Mike this morning. I think it was for Dave & Busters or something. Not that bad but it made me chuckle. Not sure if they were trying to appeal to the BMC crowd by throwing in lagers as separate from craft beer or what. Went something like:

"Over 25 taps of craft beers, ciders, and lagers."

This is the main issue I run into people when I see if they are interested in sampling some of my beer

"what kind of beers do you like"
"oh I drink lagers, ales are too hoppy for me"
*frowns, hands them a hefeweizen or saison*
"hey this has a lot of flavor for a lager"
*facepalm*

They have no clue what a lager is. To me, its like if someone asked me what kinds of automobiles I prefer and I responded "oh I like cars generally"

BA has it classified as an herb spiced beer, which seems fair. It is down to a score of 86 currently. I am fairly sure the Brewer submitted a bunch of phony reviews (probably before releasing the product) just so they could grab a screen shot and make that claim in advertisements. 86 is still more than it deserves...

LOL I just checked the score myself.

I bought a 6 pack, drank two, gave one away and still have the other 3. I wonder if it ages well? :D ;)

This is the main issue I run into people when I see if they are interested in sampling some of my beer

"what kind of beers do you like"
"oh I drink lagers, ales are too hoppy for me"
*frowns, hands them a hefeweizen or saison*
"hey this has a lot of flavor for a lager"
*facepalm*

They have no clue what a lager is. To me, its like if someone asked me what kinds of automobiles I prefer and I responded "oh I like cars generally"

I like 4-doors generally, diesel school buses are too torquey for me

LOL I just checked the score myself.

I bought a 6 pack, drank two, gave one away and still have the other 3. I wonder if it ages well? :D ;)

My wife's grandmother bought a 6-pack for her fridge. I'm sure they were intended for me as we have dinner at her house about once a week. I choked down 2 of them and now feel queasy just thinking about drinking another but I don't want her to think that I don't appreciate the gesture. 1st world problems, but still...

apparently one of guys at an upcoming brewery in Rapid City, SD told my brothers Al & Durrell that them boiling on the stove is ghetto. and to think of how many brewers I've known (myself included) that have made so many great beers for many years on a stove top. obviously we've all been doing it wrong for many many decades.

apparently one of guys at an upcoming brewery in Rapid City, SD told my brothers Al & Durrell that them boiling on the stove is ghetto. and to think of how many brewers I've known (myself included) that have made so many great beers for many years on a stove top. obviously we've all been doing it wrong for many many decades.

No, that would be using a forced air propane space heater to boil.

My wife's grandmother bought a 6-pack for her fridge. I'm sure they were intended for me as we have dinner at her house about once a week. I choked down 2 of them and now feel queasy just thinking about drinking another but I don't want her to think that I don't appreciate the gesture. 1st world problems, but still...
They have to be ICE COLD, and then they're pretty good. But we're talking "is that an ice crystal forming?" cold.

I've also heard they're amazing in root beer floats.

Damn. Now you tell me. All this time I've been wasting my time making swill. Should've known it was my stupid stoves fault.

"World Class" alco-pop?!?! What BJCP category is that now? If I hadn't already lost faith in BA, I surely have now....

Interesting. I just now looked it up on BA, and it's scored 86 by BA, the Bros haven't scored it.

Not Your Father's Root Beer (5.9%)

Educational use only; do not reuse.

BA SCORE
very good

539 Reviews THE BROS
-
no score

(Send Samples) Reviews: 539
Hads: 2,515
Avg: 3.81
pDev: 42.78%
Wants: 199
Gots: 1,201 | FT: 42

Brewed by:
Small Town Brewery
Illinois, United States | website

Style | ABV
Herbed / Spiced Beer | 5.90% ABV

Availability: Year-round

Notes & Commercial Description:
Beer added by: MasterSki on 10-29-2012

No notes at this time.

Fun fact: Not Your Father's Root Beer is owned by the same company that makes Four Loco and qualifies as what I believe is a gruit.

What brewery? I'll bring in some beers next time I'm out there and tell them how I mill in my blender and brew in a bag.

Fun fact: Not Your Father's Root Beer is owned by the same company that makes Four Loco and qualifies as what I believe is a gruit.

Four Loco is better.

Back