Funny things you've overheard about beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is not unheard of that draft and bottles version differ iirc. Geuze Tilquin is weaker on tap and Guiness usually stronger in the bottle too. Wonder if other examples exist.

saw a video* about one of only 12 master penmen in the world and he's the youngest by 30 years.

he quotes one of the other masters, "you should study as much as you practice"

I think that applies to homebrewing, don't you think?

* and it turns out to be a friggin beer commercial, sponsored by Coors Banquet

pen & ink

does stuff like this, all by hand

that is, in fact, an example of this guy's work

jakeWeidmann-600x399.jpg

The small intestine is about 20 feet long, while the large intestine is about 5 feet long on average.

So, 25 feet.

:)

I once overheard a Marine in my platoon state that he didn't drink IPAs because they cause manboobs. I asked him why he though that, and he said because of the hops in them. I proceeded back to work and had a nice little chuckle.

Were I a craft-brewer, I wouldn't shell out, what... $3 million for a 30-second ad for an event that is still mainly watched by BMC drinkers, either.

Were I a craft-brewer, I wouldn't shell out, what... $3 million for a 30-second ad for an event that is still mainly watched by BMC drinkers, either.

Agree up to the point of "mainly watched by bmc". Pretty much everyone watches the superbowl but most ppl are bmc drinkers.

*lol*

To be fair, I was talking about beer-drinkers that watch the Super Bowl, not everyone that watches. Just for clarity's sake.

What we need is a superbowl commercial to berry punch bmc and their customers showing how their soulless swill is brewed "the hard way".

Woke up hurting this morning. Watched the kids until SWMBO got home.

Went back to sleep. Feeling a little more normal now.

Back