Funny things you've overheard about beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We had Starbucks beans in a machine at work for a while. Coffee was decent. Every cup I've ever bought at an actual Starbucks has tasted terribly burned. I'm not sure what they do wrong, but it's certainly not for me.

We had Starbucks beans in a machine at work for a while. Coffee was decent. Every cup I've ever bought at an actual Starbucks has tasted terribly burned. I'm not sure what they do wrong, but it's certainly not for me.

I have had some drip coffee from them that were fine. I wonder if the heating element keeping the pot hot is burning the coffee. At one time they were supposed to make a new pot of drip coffee every hour.

I like coffee and drink a pot easily every day, but to this day have never tried starbucks.

But back to topic!
Creme Brulé...... wtf we making beer here or we making sweets for kids? I get the experimenting and I like to do it but I think that is taking things to far. I guess everyone has their own idea of what beer is.

Boss took me to lunch just now. Nothing fancy, little dive bar with a dozen craft beers on tap. I order a Flower Power and the boss gets a Labatt Blue Light. Being happy hour, the craft beer was cheaper (ever so slightly) than the Labatt. I question his choice and he reminds me he doesn't like sweet beers.

Whatever. You're the boss.

Buffalo, NY I see - Good to see you dug yourself out to get to the bar for happy hour! :rockin: I wish my happy hour started at 1 PM

The real digging starts when I get off the clock. I am grabbing some booze and heading to the harder hit areas and volunteering to climb houses and shovel roofs for some needy families before that stuff gets wet and heavy.

Good man - way to build up the beer karma! :mug:

There have been enough cardiac related deaths from this storm already and I've got energy to spare. It just feels good to help when people are willing to accept it. Besides... I'm not passing up the chance to jump off some rooftops into 6' deep snow.

2z6at61.jpg

The first destination.

There have been enough cardiac related deaths from this storm already and I've got energy to spare. It just feels good to help when people are willing to accept it. Besides... I'm not passing up the chance to jump off some rooftops into 6' deep snow.

2z6at61.jpg

The first destination.

I spent 3 semesters in Western NY, Allegheny County!
I We got snow like that a few times. I can remember the town shutting down for a few days.
I can also remember jumping out of the 2nd and 3rd floor dorm windows into over-sized snow drifts.

Fun stuff.
I also remember drinking alot of Busch beer, you would think I would have subconsciously blocked that out!

2z6at61.jpg

The first destination.

Good luck! I'm staying home with my family and my beer now that I'm not stuck at work.

I spent 3 semesters in Western NY, Allegheny County!
I We got snow like that a few times. I can remember the town shutting down for a few days.
I can also remember jumping out of the 2nd and 3rd floor dorm windows into over-sized snow drifts.

Fun stuff.
I also remember drinking alot of Busch beer, you would think I would have subconsciously blocked that out!

Undergrad was at Bonaventure so we got some snow a few times naturally.

I love how the news portrays us. We get hit with a ton of snow, but we get by since we all work together. I swear I pushed 20 cars on Tuesday on my way to work, just to get stuck there for 2 days. People gave me water and a cookie, plus numerous pushes when I got stuck. My fellow Buffalonians kick ass!:beer::thumbup::D

I am currently at a bar. Just asked the tender what is on tap. They have the following. Miller lite and Yuengling Oktoberfest. And what makes it worse is they have these huge tap toadstools with nothing on them.

Today while picking up a bunch of beers I heard that all that was left at a grocery store due to the blizzard was craft beer (all sold out of bmc and Canadien beers).
That really sucks for the rest of us, yeah? :D

Today while picking up a bunch of beers I heard that all that was left at a grocery store due to the blizzard was craft beer (all sold out of bmc and Canadien beers).
That really sucks for the rest of us, yeah? :D

Nothing says blizzard like a light American lager...

Nothin' I heard, but trying to keep this dog off OUR favorite beer is hilarious. Any other brew, and he is not interested. But this particular goto pale recipe of mine gets his socks off. I literally have to tell him "don't drink my beer" to make him chill. Lol. Posted this elsewhere incase you lurk as much as I do ;-)

View attachment 1416635507304.jpg

Our military in their infinite wisdom. .... more than 2 beers at a time or more than 6 in a month means you are an alcoholic and can be sent to treatment! I guess that makes a lot of us alcoholics. I am not sure if that is for all branches but the standard for the Marine Unit my son is in.

Yeah, I remember that stuff from when my brother was in the marines in the early 70's. Two a day from a machine on base. They also had these tiny packs of smokes with something like 4 in the pack.

Employee at a local liquor store when buying a 10% ABV DIPA:

CLERK: "You should buy two. Drink one now, and drink the other in a month."
ME: "Why?"
CLERK: "High alcohol beers age well, just like wine. Except beers will increase their alcohol content the longer they sit. That one will be 15% ABV a month from now."

CLERK: "High alcohol beers age well, just like wine. Except beers will increase their alcohol content the longer they sit. That one will be 15% ABV a month from now."

ermehflerkerngerb! and people wonder why I hate people.

So you were next to a half-drunk female who was stuck with you for several hours, who was clearly interested in engaging with you, and your instinct was to shut her out? Because she likes Shock Top?

Hah! No, I'm not that hard to get, but (1) I am happily married and (2) she was not hot, and most importantly, she looked like she would be a really chatty drunk and I just wasn't into carrying on some inane conversation for two and a half hours.

It was also a pretty good book - last book of the Century Trilogy.

(is that enough excuses??? :)

Hah! No, I'm not that hard to get, but (1) I am happily married and (2) she was not hot, and most importantly, she looked like she would be a really chatty drunk and I just wasn't into carrying on some inane conversation for two and a half hours.

It was also a pretty good book - last book of the Century Trilogy.

(is that enough excuses??? :)

that is all the reason you need.:mug:

That's like stupid people.

Take a stupid person and visit them a month later and they will be a genius.

Watch the store clerk nod his head yes.

Our military in their infinite wisdom. .... more than 2 beers at a time or more than 6 in a month means you are an alcoholic and can be sent to treatment! I guess that makes a lot of us alcoholics. I am not sure if that is for all branches but the standard for the Marine Unit my son is in.

I don't suppose it would do any good to show your CO this article:

http://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/...alcoholics-may-almost-alcoholics-201411217539

It's from Harvard, so it can't be wrong!

I am currently at a bar. Just asked the tender what is on tap. They have the following. Miller lite and Yuengling Oktoberfest. And what makes it worse is they have these huge tap toadstools with nothing on them.

Wow DJ, I haven't been in a bar for 5 years and nothing has changed!

What about question one, was never your answer there too? That's the funniest one I've heard all day

What about question one, was never your answer there too? That's the funniest one I've heard all day

Haha. That would be pretty impressive if I managed to get to 7 and answered "never" to question 1.

I looked at the quiz again and realized that questions that I thought had "zero" as an answer actually had "never." :drunk:

So I guess my revised statement is:
Every single non-number/frequency-related answer that had "never" as an option was "never." :D

I don't suppose it would do any good to show your CO this article:

http://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/...alcoholics-may-almost-alcoholics-201411217539

It's from Harvard, so it can't be wrong!

Well this is bs. I only scored a 4. Apparently I have more work to do! :mug: Of course it doesn't help that I have not been able to brew in 6 months.

Not my CO it would be my sons. I do understand why with the readiness he has to maintain with the unit he is in and I think that he said it was a military wide SOP. so going to his CO would not be a good idea.

PS if you read the article about health concerns and still drinking. .... what a bunch of crap. That doesn't mean that you have a problem at all some of us are just realists and know that everyone is going to die and you might as well have fun doing things that make you happy on your way. I don't understand the need to live till your 110. If I am not able to get around and take care of myself I don't want to keep living. After almost 6 months of barely being able to take care of myself that is one thing that has definitely been reenforced in my mind. Pull the plug!

Back