Funky Buddha Purchased....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kind of makes me want to open a brewery. Just in the hopes that if I get successful enough someone will buy me out and I can retire.

I went to FL a year or so ago, I thought most of their beers were average at best. I went to the brewery and bought a few at the store. Their hop forward beers were very disappointing, I was a fan of some of their bigger malty beers tho. Then my wife went 3-4 months ago brought some back. same thing...curious to see how the rest of the world feels once they broaden their distro with constellation.
Cigar City, however, super legit!

Maybe Funky Buddha will be rolling out a bunch of collaboration brews with other Constellation Brands:

Manischewitz with Funky Buddha=Funky chosen ones series
Funky Buddha with Modelo & Corona = over the wall seasonals
Funky Buddha and Tocayo= Beers you've never heard of series
Ballast Point and Funky Buddha=We're charging double $ because we
owe billions (22 oz.bombers only so they can charge even more)

I've watched and read a lot of these threads on buyouts and really never been affected by the breweries involved, but this one hits close to home being a Floridian.

I love FB and have literally driven across the state just to attend events there. I enjoy mostly their darker beers but have also liked several others of their unique brews.

I don't think this will stop me from drinking FB but I will closely be watching if the quality drops, recipes change, or the prices rise.

I get the side of the argument that says this is a business after all and I can view constellation as the lesser of some evils to have acquired them. The people at the brewery are good folks and they turn out some really good beers. I'll continue to drink them as long as that doesn't change.

I put this out for an inform only. Drink what you like to drink.

Although available to me, I've never had any of their beers.

I choose to drink independently owned beers, AFAIK, but that may not be your choice.

No harm, no foul for your choice. To each their own. RDWHAHB.

:mug:

Latest posts

Back