Fun with kids..

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

khannon

Guy who really knows where his towel is.
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I skipped work today to brew, it has been going great, my son decided he would help.
At any rate, I am weighing out the hops pellets for additions, and my son reaches over and picks up a pellet (Challenger for those curious), I am in the middle of saying "don't eat that" as he of course pops it into his mouth...

Pretty damn funny.
Probably funnier if I mention that he had his 24th birthday last week..

Ha. We all did that at some point. Now I usually just try a tiny tiny piece...

The worst hop I've tried was a Galena hop, and it was awful. But it made some damn good beer!

It's odd how they say keep hops away from dogs because it can cause hypothermia but humans can ingest with no issues. Before I knew this my dog would always get the last bit of my beer . He would drink it right out of the bottle . He never got sick though . That's a good reason to take the day off by the way lol.

It's odd how they say keep hops away from dogs because it can cause hypothermia but humans can ingest with no issues. Before I knew this my dog would always get the last bit of my beer .

I always thought it was the hop pellets/whole hops that caused it. I purchased calming treats for my dog and right there in the ingredients was hops. Processing hops may make them safe for consumption somehow?

Sorry to take that side street. I can't say I've tried hop pellets or whole hops myself but I think the equivalent was sticking my finger in a lamp sans bulb. Yes it was on...

, I am in the middle of saying "don't eat that" as he of course pops it into his mouth...
Pretty damn funny.
Probably funnier if I mention that he had his 24th birthday last week..

As a kid, my cousin did that with "bunny raisins", but he was more like six. I still remember the look on his face at the time. Don't think he trusted Gramps much after that, but then again, Gramps never would cuss or even say "poop" - even when he was mad.

I always thought it was the hop pellets/whole hops that caused it. I purchased calming treats for my dog and right there in the ingredients was hops. Processing hops may make them safe for consumption somehow?

Sorry to take that side street. I can't say I've tried hop pellets or whole hops myself but I think the equivalent was sticking my finger in a lamp sans bulb. Yes it was on...

It very well could be . Now he will be happy to get the last bit of my beer now ..... unless I dont tell him ...;)

Hell yea! Taking a day off to brew with the kids is a win for the home team! If someone would pay me I'd stay home and brew with my kids every day. Work is for suckers...

Back