Fun for all the family

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrFeltimo

Reaction score
Sundays Brew day was a good one.
Nice English Bitter, (second batch of this), my daughter Ruby (7) wanted to get involved so here is a picture of here filling in the brewday sheet. so thats the paperwork done :rockin:
My son Oliver (5), helped me mash in, he also didn't want his picture taken.

150_4842.jpg

I enjoy having my daughter help as well, she helps me bottle prime, bottle, cap, shake and store....or at least until it becomes boring, which is usually after about 20 bottles or so.
Much like your helper, she tracks all the numbers for our daily pool water testing.

Great memories!!

Just last Friday my 3 year old stirred the mash while I poured the grains in. She thought it was fun to help me brew.

Funny thing is, she can't pronounce "beer" all that well so it sounds more like "beard". So she asks me, "Daddy, are you making beard"?

My boys help here and there (4 1/2 and 3), but they're always hovering around. Recently the 3 year old started wanting beer all the time. So on the last brew day I gave him some wort (hot, flat, nonalcoholic and just hopped), he nearly puked... but on the bright side neither of them ever want to try beer again.

My boys help here and there (4 1/2 and 3), but they're always hovering around. Recently the 3 year old started wanting beer all the time. So on the last brew day I gave him some wort (hot, flat, nonalcoholic and just hopped), he nearly puked... but on the bright side neither of them ever want to try beer again.

That's too funny.
My littlens often turn the face up to the same just hopped wort, but after I pours me a glass of the finished product, they are quick to pit the grubby little sticky fingers in the foam and taste it.

My guys fight over helping me grind the grains. They like running the drill.

My daughter, now 8, has been helping me since I started brewing a few years ago. She always helps bottle and as long as I am not brewing before sunrise, she helps stir and add hops. Bottling day is a full family affair with my daughter washing and sanitizing bottles, me filling, and the wife capping.

I always let my daughter have a taste, which usually translates to a drop touching her lips and she tells me is it really good as she makes a face.

My daughter is in charge of the labels. The last batch (a stone levitation ale clone) was officially named "girl's club rules" with a custom decorated label on each bottle.

I can't wait until my daughter gets old enough to help out and understand the science behind brewing. I think brewing is a great science experiment where she can learn a lot and get exposure to how cool science actually is.

I can't wait until my daughter gets old enough to help out and understand the science behind brewing. I think brewing is a great science experiment where she can learn a lot and get exposure to how cool science actually is.

This is a very good point, I mean we are all still learning right.
My wife has a bachelor of science and nutrition and is always reminding me of what I can and really shouldn't put in my beer. and the kids listen and just soak it all up.

Back