Full throttle, pull the e-brake, then nail it some more!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ruint

Sipping on the big cup of life!
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
This is how I'm feeling right now... I have my order in for:
30 GAL Spike kettle that has 4 port... on the front side a horizontal 2 port at 1 1/2 inches up, then another port centered between them except it is 6 inches up. It also has a 1 1/2 inch TC port centered in the back for when I can go to electric, That's the boil.
30 Gal Spike kettle set up as a MT, and it is a 2 port vertical option (pretty standard I believe) with a high port up close towards the rim. I chose to get the false bottom they make for this too.
Then there is my 30 Gallon Concord ss kettle that I have been using for my HLT, Just ordered from brewhardware, the pieces I need to fully convert it into my herms system. Now the wait begins!!! I already have 2 blichmann burners, and just received the burner I will most likely use for the HLT. It's the 32 bit wok one....with all the posts about these it should be interesting as to how i get it to work how I need, One other little complication is....I have not gotten anything (other than a lot of info from here) to start welding a brewstand together that is capable of holding all the equipment, but I am leaning towards getting 3/16 thick 2x2 steel.
The last part is that I'm building a shed to be the designated brewhouse. I have a 1/3 of it insulated with r-15, It also has most of the electrical wired in. Bad thing on that is. currently only have a 100 amp service, which is mostly taken...I'm finding the way...cause I know I got the will!!

Back