FT Heady Topper

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChosenWun

Reaction score
Looking to trade for Kern River and Three Floyd's! Picking up freshly canned HT Thursday! Possibly Lawsons for trade also!

ChosenWun said:
Looking to trade for Kern River and Three Floyd's! Picking up freshly canned HT Thursday! Possibly Lawsons for trade also!

I have access to most everything 3F pits out since I'm in Chicago. I've been trying to get some fresh Heady Topper. What are you looking for?

Been looking to trade for heady topper! Access to Surly, Bells, Founders, not sure what else isn't out on the he east coast that is in Minnesota.

Would be willing to trade for a newer brewery here in Rochester. 3 heads brewing. Their IPA and double IPA is amazing.

Exactly, if heady lasts that long there's a problem lol. Was all out a week after I got it!

You guys don't want 4 month old HT...

If people are unsure here's a neat video.
Both john and Jen say that heady is best at two weeks. Back when the brew pub was open fresh heady was considered a green beer lol.
Here's the video link

Last edited by a moderator:
Troll much?

Both john and Jen say that heady is best at two weeks. Back when the brew pub was open fresh heady was considered a green beer lol.
Here's the video link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amgfgU5-lhs

Great vid. Thanks.

The only heady I've had was at least 2 months old and I wasn't impressed.

Here's the video link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amgfgU5-lhs

Unsure about what? The trolling comment you removed?

I like my ipas thick cloudy and full of yeast. Enjoy nick!

I deleted for that exact reason. The unsure, was in reference to the age of heady when consumed! Either way it was an interesting video. I don't think I've ever had an "old" heady. Just passing along that because it's not had the day it was canned doesn't mean it isn't good.
Cheers Dude

I deleted for that exact reason. Either way it was an interesting video. I don't think I've ever had an "old" heady. Just passing along that because it's not had the day it was canned doesn't mean it isn't good.
Cheers Dude

Agreed. I do like johns videos/interviews.

I have done 2 clones and it is the only beer that ill actually enjoy 10X better during its green period. Guess its just the juiciness of the hops that just explode in your face.

Some people want balance and nuance in every beer they drink.
I cant drink more than 1 heady in a sitting due to palate fatigue but I do love me some fresh heady. Recently ive been enjoying new batches at about a month out because of the loss of tropical citrus hops he now uses.

Heady is NOT the beer it once was. KInda sucks in actuality

Any news on when/where the new retail space will be?

They said they won't open it up anywhere but Waterbury/Stowe. I haven't really been up to date with their progress.

Is it possible for anyone of you guys that lives there to get some of this and either trade or I'll send some cash up?

Is it possible for anyone of you guys that lives there to get some of this and either trade or I'll send some cash up?

Good luck with that - I have been trying to find someone willing to trade some Heady for about a month now. I would even be willing to over trade but nothing thus far. Sucks but then what can you do except keep looking.

You guys can get it anytime, we can't! Share the love! It's Xmas!

Anytime? Lol here I'll share this with you ImageUploadedByHome Brew1387494662.982825.jpg

image-2570331025.jpg

image-3277163802.jpg

Happy Holidays!

My wife bought 33 back from a trip to Burlington. The case cost $75 and the singles were about $4-$5 each as she had to seek them out. They are fresh last Friday but mostly spoken for.

I have never done a trade, but would love to try Zombie Dust, Kern River, Alpine, Russian river or any other acclaimed beer that I can't get here.

I have 1 four pack I can ship priority tomorrow, should get it for Christmas. Let me know I'm interested in IPAs stouts Belgians

Trade Done

We have some great local breweries that have some excellent IPAs and dipas . Trying to get wife some for Xmas since I drank hers!

Back