• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS: Two USED 15 gallon Oak Barrels

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BC_Brews

Reaction score
Got my hands on a few 20-25 gallon barrels (not sure exact volume) and don't need them all. They look to be in good shape. Not sure how much flavor they will add but they would be great to rehydrate with the spirit of your choice or use for a sour project.

Edit: pretty sure some oak flavor will be imparted but no spirit flavor, pretty neutral barrels and i know they have been used for beer before but not sure what style. I have rehydrated them and there aren't any leaks

Asking $200 obo each and local only, they are too big and heavy to ship.View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1428428535.557798.jpg

Last edited:
What's the locale?

BC_Brews
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes
Recipes

---------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say the location is in Murrieta, CA
:drunk:
i could be wrong however.

BC_Brews
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes
Recipes

---------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say the location is in Murrieta, CA
:drunk:
i could be wrong however.

Stay classy. Just an FYI the mobile app doesn't show that info.

BGBC is correct. It seems I repeatedly fat fingered it bringing up the "quote" screen. Put if I use my pinky I can get it. Apologies, good luck with the sale.

What was in these barrels (and from which winery/distillery) and how long ago were they used? Has there been any beer or anything else in them since they were retired? Thanks.

(Corona, CA)

What was in these barrels (and from which winery/distillery) and how long ago were they used? Has there been any beer or anything else in them since they were retired? Thanks.

(Corona, CA)
If you want newer ones, you can get some from Keystone shipped for under $200 each. I have a couple and the whiskey that was in them is decent and adds a great flavor to stouts. I'm going to start using them for sours soon.

These are actually bigger than 15gal. Pretty sure they are 25 but could be 20.

Sorry guys I didn't get a whole lot of info

Back