• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Georgia FS BeerBug

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uberg33k

Reaction score
It's one of these things

This is new in the box and I've never used it. I've realized based on how I brew, it's not going to be a lot of use to me, so I'm selling it. They're going for $250 + S&H new and I'm looking for $200 and I'll pick up shipping to anywhere in the lower 48. Word of warning: This was designed to work with brew buckets, carboys, and Better Bottles. If you're using a Speidel fermenter, you will need to make modifications to your cap or bung in order to get it to work. It will not work with the Speidel airlock.

I'm not familiar with the speidel fermenter but assuming there is some sort of hole in the lid you could just get a drilled bung and stick it in the lid and put the beer bug into that?

I'm not familiar with the speidel fermenter but assuming there is some sort of hole in the lid you could just get a drilled bung and stick it in the lid and put the beer bug into that?

You could either drill out the cap of the Speidel or use a universal bung. You'd have to buy a new airlock though, because there's no way the Speidel one is going to work with this thing.

That's pretty cool. Do you think it would work with a stainless conical?

I guess it depends on which conical you have. If you can use a universal bung, then yes. If you can drill out a triclamp blank and put in a grommit, then that should also work.

Yeah I have a BeerBug.. Basically it needs to hang straight down into the wort. It will fit into anything that you can put a standard airlock into. (you still need the airlock into the top of the BeerBug)

As long as your stainless steel conical has a straight drop from a hole in the lid to the beer inside you should be good. It basically hangs a 'torpedo' on some fishing line straight down. The torpedo is about 4 inches long and must be totally submerged to get an accurate reading. I had to extend mine with some extra fishing line to make it longer for some of my fermenters (where there is greater headspace)

Latest posts

Back