Frozen beer in kegs.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BillyBock

Reaction score
Big NB mistake. This was my second batch of beer (plus a Mr Beer kit) and the first one that I kegged in cornies and put in my used fridge I just picked up. Well, my fridge works really good, so good that I now have a 5 gallon beercicle inside my corny, and another 2 gallon one from the Mr Beer kit that I threw into the other keg. Just curious as to whether this will affect the beer in any way once it thaws. I should be able to re-carbonate and be fine????

From someone that has had this happen.... IT WILL BE FINE!
my temp sensor fell out of my keezer. i just took them out to let them thaw, put them back in, and my Belgian Dubbel Tastes Delicious!
if your in no rush to drink you can just leave them in the fridge (as long as the temps are above freezing.) and wait for them to thaw... it will just take longer, but it might be nicer on the beer.

Thanks for the info! Right now, they are outside the fridge, beer slushies instead of solid beer. Probably going to put them back in on the warmest setting until they completely thaw. BTW, the Mr Beer is not all that tasty, could afford to lose it!

with the MRBEER, i'm sure the freezing didnt harm it. if it has off flavors, treat it like any other beer, but let it sit for a few months. then try it again.

Back