Frost on Kegerator Cooling Plate-Help!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bamfordjf

Reaction score
This happened before and it was giving me problems with getting the fridge cold enough. I unplugged it and let it defrost, but now its back again developing like snow accumulation. I have heard about cooling fans. Will that do the trick? If not, how else do I stop this from happening?

turn the kegerator down. I'm guessing you have it on it's highest setting. if so thats bad. turn it down to like half.

its freezing because you have it turned up to high. if you leave it there you run the risk of freezing out the compressor and burning it up. your only other option is to do like your doing and unplug it part of the time and let it thaw.

just curious why don't you want it to get any warmer than 38F?

its freezing because you have it turned up to high. if you leave it there you run the risk of freezing out the compressor and burning it up. your only other option is to do like your doing and unplug it part of the time and let it thaw.

just curious why don't you want it to get any warmer than 38F?

I thought that was optimal.

Get a small fan to circulate the air. I installed one and it completely got rid of all my frost build-up and brought down the temperature drastically. There are lots of threads on this site discussing how to install one. Good luck!

Get a small fan to circulate the air. I installed one and it completely got rid of all my frost build-up and brought down the temperature drastically. There are lots of threads on this site discussing how to install one. Good luck!

Thats what i'm going to do. Those were my two biggest issues with the fridge; frost and temp not cold enough. I looked into that before because I heard TONS of people installed them. I just wanted to make sure that would actually do the trick. Will search the forums now to figure out how to install one.

Latest posts

Back