Fridge to kegerator beneath counter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lespaul00

Reaction score
Hello. I'm buying a house that has an outdoor "kitchen" area with two Fridgidaire refrigerators beneath the counter. I believe the counter is made of granite. I was thinking of converting one of the refrigerators to a kegerator, similar to what's outlined in THIS post.

I am thinking of putting the following Double Tap Stainless Steel Draft Beer Kegerator Tower on the top for the faucets. Clearly, I will need to convert the refrigerator, and drill a hole through the refrigerator top and the granite countertop.

My issue then is, how would I secure a shank from the fridge top, abut an inch of space from the fridge to the granite, and through the granite? What I mean by "secure" is, to ensure it's sealed appropriately, insulated if necessary, etc.

Any suggestions on materials, DIY tutorials, etc. to successfully complete this work?

Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:
Mark where you want the tap tower on the granite counter top.
Check for adjustment room both fore and aft, and laterally, on your fridge.

Make a pilot hole in the granite top, and transfer this MARK to the top of your fridge.

Pull the fridge out, and make sure the mark is centered on the top of the fridge, ( this may not be necessary to "center" it, as it will be hidden from view).

I would THINK, that the tap tower would be mounted ONLY to the granite top.
When the modifications are done, you can make a compressible foam collar to seal the gap betwixt fridge and counter top underside.

BEFORE, you do all this, make sure you can make a hole in your fridge top.

Be advised: you will have some warm beer lines running up to your tap tower, which can lead to foamy pours, so you'll need a way to keep the tower cool, as it will probably see some sunshine.

At least that's the way I would approach it.

Be advised: you will have some warm beer lines running up to your tap tower, which can lead to foamy pours, so you'll need a way to keep the tower cool, as it will probably see some sunshine.

Some will install a fan that pushes cold air from the kegerator into the tower. Some also just sacrifice the first ounces of foamy beer (which cools the lines) and have a perfect pour after that.

Back