Freon lines in my fridge

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

colhep67

Reaction score
I have a side by side fridge that I would like to dremel out some of the center wall so I get even temp on both sides so I can ferment on both. I'm worried that there are lines that run in the middle of the center wall. Any help?

Sorry I had that info but forgot to post. Its a maytag side by side model # msd2756dew

Well I can't find any diagrams of the chassis - pretty much every single other thing that either comes standard or optional, yes, but not the chassis.

I expect there is at the least ducting in the divider, but it's not clear if the plumbing in and out of the evaporator in the freezer side goes anywhere but straight down to the compressor and condenser. Well, aside from the freezer door anti-condensation loop - if your unit has one.

You might check out this thread. While the goings on therein are a bit more on the apocalyptic side from your likely intentions, there are some good pictures of the tear-down that might reveal some needed info...

Cheers!

It definitely has an anti-condensation loop. The seal around the door gets warm. I tried to find blueprints and I can't either. I just really don't want to kill the fridge but at this point I can only use one side. I have the one side at around 63 and the freezer side is anywhere from 35 to 45 lol

Back