Freeze concentrating Mead?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kdog22

Reaction score
Just a random thought I had. Anyone given this a try? How'd it turn out? This has me curious thanks to the freeze concentrating wine thread.

:mug:

I've done this with both mead and cysers. It concentrates any off flavors, so you better have one clean mead to start with. As long as you start with a very clean mead, it turns out pretty decent. It really concentrates whatever the flavors were in the original honey.

Beware though. It will kick your a$$ and leave nasty hangovers if you drink too much.

I've done this with both mead and cysers. It concentrates any off flavors, so you better have one clean mead to start with. As long as you start with a very clean mead, it turns out pretty decent. It really concentrates whatever the flavors were in the original honey.

Beware though. It will kick your a$$ and leave nasty hangovers if you drink too much.

That's what I figured. I'd just hate to put all the money and time into a mead and then feel like I ruined it with the end product.

Back