Founder's All Day IPA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yeahfairly

Reaction score
Hey folks!
I found this one recently and it is now in my top 3 "Everyday Beers"! I found it to have a good grapefruit flavor and a slight Pine Cone bite. It's 4.6% but a lot cheaper than SN. Anyone a Founder's fan? I haven't tried any of their other brews!

There are much better Founders beers out there IMO. Not that I dislike ADIPA or anything, but Founders is well known for their darker beers, and the Centennial IPA is really nice. They have a couple of beers I won't drink, but that's my aversion to fruit beers. Otherwise all of their beers are excellent.

Try a breakfast stout and others all the way up to Kentucky Breakfast Stout (If you can get your hands on any!) I also like the Dirty Bastard sometimes when I'm in the mood.

Founders Porter is my favorite. The regular dry hopped pale ale is much better than the ADIPA IMO and still very drinkable. Old Curmudgeon was pretty good but it's a late night heavy drinker for me.

There are much better Founders beers out there IMO. Not that I dislike ADIPA or anything, but Founders is well known for their darker beers, and the Centennial IPA is really nice. They have a couple of beers I won't drink, but that's my aversion to fruit beers. Otherwise all of their beers are excellent.

Try a breakfast stout and others all the way up to Kentucky Breakfast Stout (If you can get your hands on any!) I also like the Dirty Bastard sometimes when I'm in the mood.

Thanks for the feed back folks! I have had Dirty Bastard. It's similar to Guinness Stout, but with a strong sweet backend. I don't care for sweetness in my beer but I will have to give the others you suggest a try. Founder's ADIPA impressed me enough that I may become a loyal customer...... when I run low on home brew!

They aren't known for the drier flavors. I had the ADIPA last night celebrating my youngest's passing the Segment 1 driving course. I tend to like my IPA a bit sweeter, but that wouldn't work with this style of beer. It was fine after I dug into the Thai Curry wings.

Love this beer as well. It's my go to "I'm gonna get hammered" beer. Has nice flavor but dosent fill you up.

Sent from my iPhone

You pick a low ABV beer to get hammered on?? Sounds kind of counter-intuitive...

Idk when I plan on getting "hammered" I don't like to drink a bunch of huge Belgian quads and RIS. so maybe it's better to say my session beer. Or however you want to put it.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

I haven't had anything bad from founders. Love the centennial ipa. Curmudgeon is good, but it's sweet so might not be your style since you don't like the scotch ale Dirty Bastard. The Porter is great as is the Imperial Stout and the Red's Rye.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Idk when I plan on getting "hammered" I don't like to drink a bunch of huge Belgian quads and RIS. so maybe it's better to say my session beer. Or however you want to put it.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

What you said made perfect sense. When you're going to be drinking a lot of beers you want something lower in ABV and calories. Also kind of a waste to drink more expensive, heavier, high alcohol (i.e. higher quality beers) when you just want to get drunk. Kinda hard to appreciate that 12% Double IPA or RIS when you're already hammered.

Ok. I was assuming the getting hammered part was the objective. Seems like a couple of big beers would be faster and tastier than a LOT of small beers. I'm a lightweight, so two big beers is quite enough to get me spinning. I could do that with a couple of IIPAs and still get my hops on.

I had a Kuhnhenn "Fluffer" session IPA this weekend and thought it was pretty good. It was not as bitter as All Day, but there was a decent amount of hops. All Day is definitely more of an IPA though.

I've had both the all day IPA & the centennial IPa recently. Both were good, but I liked the centennial better.

Centennial is better but if you are heading to a party the All Day is a good got to beer to last the pace. Also good if you need to get up the next day. I had 8 at an engagement party last week and was fresh as a daisy the next morning, had that been Centennial I would have felt pretty ill.

Yeah, the All Day IPA is great for what it's intended to be. But with centennial or other beers with more ABV, I just wake up with a buzz-over these days. Hillbilly-klubb coffee & I'm good to go again! :D:mug:

Back