Found these on a walk

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wizdumb1

Reaction score
Found these while on a walk today. I'm guessing there is no way to figure out what kind they are? They smell real good!! There are tons but they don't look to be ready yet maybe soon though because they seem to be drying out. Any use for them or let them go?

IMG_1354.jpg

They look young, split one down the middle, are there any yellow glands developed? If so brew a little tea to see what they taste like, do you like it? Proceed.

Disclaimer; I am a first year grower and i do not know of what i speak.

wizdumb1 said:
Found these while on a walk today. I'm guessing there is no way to figure out what kind they are? They smell real good!! There are tons but they don't look to be ready yet maybe soon though because they seem to be drying out. Any use for them or let them go?

Make a hop tea and taste and smell it, I had to do the same a few years ago with my neighbors hops that he got a rhizome for and didn't know what kind it was, turned out to be Cascade.

Back