Found a website with decent honey prices

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, they're great...check into if they have a restaurant store near you, sometimes you can save on the shipping by doing a local pick-up!

Yeah all those 60lb bucket deals really caught my eye.. lol

Same here, but the SWMBO doesn't see the need for 60lbs of honey, in one bulk buy...

I guess I'm lucky... Craig's list always has bee keepers posting honey.

I paid $35/gal for raw organic honey. It was only ran through two cheese cloths. It was the damn best honey ever.

The only down fall is not having a choice for orange blossom vs clove vs wild flower or blackberry.

Can't imagine what shipping price would be for 60# of honey.. I'm getting 5# bottles of clover honey from Costco.. seems good.

Can't imagine what shipping price would be for 60# of honey.. I'm getting 5# bottles of clover honey from Costco.. seems good.

Looking at the dutch gold website the honey is real reasonable(wish I could find a place to get it for that around here). $115.80/60# . But then they have a ups surcharge of $8.50 and then the actual shipping charge(to WY) $55.38. Over half the price of the product for shipping.

About the cheapest I've found around here so far is $190/60#.

Looking at the dutch gold website the honey is real reasonable(wish I could find a place to get it for that around here). $115.80/60# . But then they have a ups surcharge of $8.50 and then the actual shipping charge(to WY) $55.38. Over half the price of the product for shipping.

I tried to order the 115.80 / 60# today, and you can't - the website is incorrect/unfunctional. If you go to their real website it turns out to be around 132$/60#

I'm lucky, I live close enough I can drive Lancaster and pick it up myself for about $15 in gas...it's talking the SWMBO into letting allocate some funds for it ;-)

yeah, I read up on Dutch Gold and will pass. I did buy a couple of gallons of filtered OB from a totally different source - filtered only, not heated.

I know there is a bee keeper in cheyenne because she sells it in bulk at the big hallow down here in laramie. $3.50 a lb and it makes good mead, you might be able to get a better deal if you ask to get a 60# bucket.

Back