Found a decent deal now what..lol

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wizdumb1

Reaction score
Not the greatest deal when compared to some I see on here but happy with it. 6kegs and 2 #20 tanks of co2 full. Some were full of still carbonated pop. All hold pressure. 1 co2 tank I cannot find a date that makes sense so I am cluless to the hydro date. In all $200 I paid.

So I know I need a regulator still and tube...what am I missing? Tap , connections? And? Lol I'm sure that's it but here I am asking so I don't run into any suprises.
20131122_092604.jpg

You need a kegerator or make one out of a freezer/refrigerator to store the kegs for serving. Many can be found on Craig's list or on the curb in the hood

In the DIY section there are numerous posts of people that have already done the conversions that you can follow by example. If your feeling wealthy you can certainly buy an already made kegerator as well;)

You need to figure out how many taps you want for how many kegs you want to keep on tap. That will help determine the size of the freezer/fridge needed as well as the rest of the components.

Congrats on the score! I'm currently using a jockey box for a one keg tap system craigslist score. I'd go with a two body regulator for a start if you can afford it. Get long enough beer lines, and decide on a dispensing system (kegerator, keezer, jockey etc). Can always do picnic taps in a fridge/converted freezer for now to avoid the costs of taps and shanks..

I was thinking about buying a smaller fridge and converting it but pricing makes no sense. In some ways just about the same price buying one already complete vs building my own when you add up parts.

A freezer will be available to me soon once I grab the new one I've been waiting for to go on sale again. My only issue is I wanted to use that for a fermentation chamber. Also have been toying with the idea of making a small bar in my basement but that's a little ways down the road. I found a double reg for $50 but haven't heard back from the guy yet so I might just go pick up a new one this weekend. I'd love to get this all together this weekend since I have a beer sitting for 4 weeks and needs to be bottled or kegged now.

Only issue atm is I'm already under heat from the wife for spending on this hobby....lol
There is always this last thing I need. This is it and I have everything..lol
Ive been spreading purchases but not unnoticed.

Back