Forgot starter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

icebob

Reaction score
Forgot to make my starter yesterday. The only day I can brew this week-end is early tomorrow morning. Will it be OK if I still brew tomorrow but only pitch the yeast Saturday? Thanks in advance

That depends on how viable the yeast is and how strong your batch is. Make that starter up today and it should be ready to pitch if there is some activity tomorrow.

beer is 1.060 OG and my WLP001 is pretty old, 2/11/2016... The calculator at Brewunited recommend a 2 step starter.. I start the starter about 2hrs ago and was thinking letting it go until tomorrow afternoon, do the step up and pitch Saturday.

Agree on vitality starter. Feb 2016 yeast is not that old if stored properly. But 24 hour delay in pitching should work too especially if you keep wort cold in the meantime. You could also consider just bypassing starter and pitching directly into carboy.

I think I'm going to be alright, will still do the step up tomorrow and the wort will be kept at 68f... so I will pitch early Saturday...

2016-05-26 19.38.23.jpg

Back