Forgot about Sugar, what should i do?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ellijo89

Reaction score
So i brewed a Saison last night, brew day went pretty good until the end, i always hit 65% pretty dead on, no matter what i do. Except last night i ended up missing my OG by 9 points, should of been 1.061 and ended being 1.052. I was very confused, kept trying to figure out what i missed. But i just said whatever, and kept going, will be a good beer one way or another. But im sitting here looking over the forum today and it hits me. I forgot a pound of sugar. which would make my OG exactly what it was.

So my question now is should i add the sugar now? or wait tell the fermentation gets stuck.. which i heard most likely will happen with this one, or just forget about it entirely?

thanks

Boil a pound of sugar with a pint of water to fully dissolve, cool and add to the fermenter.

No prob...I sometimes leave sugars out like that on purpose, and then add to the primary as it first starts to slow down. Less stress on the yeast in the beginning, and for some sugars like honey, molasses, or brown sugar, you get more of the flavor preserved.

Back