Force Carbing 1.75g Cannonball Keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

No_Nrg

Reaction score
I've got a brand new 1.75g Cannonball Keg.

I was planning on using the burst carb method of setting at 30psi for 24hrs then reducing to 10psi for 2-4 days at 40 degrees used on 5g kegs.

My concern is, with the smaller 1.75g volume do I run the risk of over-carbing during the 30psi stage?

Could I just set to 10psi at 40 degrees (2.3 vol) and let it sit for a week, getting the same end result due to the smaller volume?

Sorry if the force carb topic has been beat to death, couldn't find anything on a keg this small.

I've got a brand new 1.75g Cannonball Keg.

I was planning on using the burst carb method of setting at 30psi for 24hrs then reducing to 10psi for 2-4 days at 40 degrees used on 5g kegs.

My concern is, with the smaller 1.75g volume do I run the risk of over-carbing during the 30psi stage?

Could I just set to 10psi at 40 degrees (2.3 vol) and let it sit for a week, getting the same end result due to the smaller volume?

Sorry if the force carb topic has been beat to death, couldn't find anything on a keg this small.

You have about 1/3 the volume of a normal keg, but about the same area of gas/liquid interface, so the burst carbing will go about 3 times as fast. I wouldn't go more than 12 hrs at 30 psi (I do 36 hrs for a 5 gal keg.)

Set and forget at the equilibrium pressure for your serving temp and carb level will always work, with zero chance of overcarbing.

Brew on :mug:

Set and forget at the equilibrium pressure for your serving temp and carb level will always work, with zero chance of overcarbing.

Brew on :mug:

Sounds like there is less of a chance of error if I just set and forget at 10psi for a week, works for me.

Still a quicker turnaround than bottling.

Latest posts

Back