For all our homeless furbuddies....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wolfstar

Reaction score
For all our homeless furbuddies that are euthanised everday in "shelters" across the USA...

On the turning away
From the pale and downtrodden
And the words they say
Which we won't understand
"Don't accept that what's happening
Is just a case of others' suffering
Or you'll find that you're joining in
The turning away"
It's a sin that somehow
Light is changing to shadow
And casting it's shroud
Over all we have known
Unaware how the ranks have grown
Driven on by a heart of stone
We could find that we're all alone
In the dream of the proud
On the wings of the night
As the daytime is stirring
Where the speechless unite
In a silent accord
Using words you will find are strange
And mesmerised as they light the flame
Feel the new wind of change
On the wings of the night
No more turning away
From the weak and the weary
No more turning away
From the coldness inside
Just a world that we all must share
It's not enough just to stand and stare
Is it only a dream that there'll be
No more turning away?

The fight goes on ...

Last edited by a moderator:
I just adopted a 3 legged black cat from the shelter near my house. I think I'm going to call her Chance.

With exception of our current Aussie Cattle Dog, all have been shelter rescues, our friends offered this pup to us. Our previous ACD was a pound hound when we got him, possibly the best dog we have ever had before hip cancer took him.

We decided our one cat needed a pal about a year ago. He's shy, doesn't bite or scratch no matter what you do to him, very friendly etc. Took him to the shelter to interview other cats we had looked at. None of them worked out except for the last cat I was not impressed with but my daughter loved. Kind of scraggly black cat had been at the shelter the longest and was a rescue cat. Soon as he came in the room he was super friendly with our cat and encouraged him to play. I did a 180 about him and we took him home. Like two peas in a pod, both have unique personalities yet very similar and very tolerant of each other and us. No loud cat fights though they play but never seriously and never bite or scratch any of us. Once we got him home and hit him with the furminator we found he was actually a short hair and cleaned up nicely.

%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

Back