Foaming Narrowed Down to Keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moonpile

Reaction score
I brew 10 gal, so I have two Cornies of the same beer in my kegerator right now, and both have been force carbed at the same pressure. They're on a split hose.

I tapped the first keg two weeks ago and it was really foamy, so I just moved the liquid line over to the other keg which was perfect. I'm pretty sure this narrows it down to something about the keg or the liquid post on the keg.

I just floated the keg that was working, so I vented the foamy keg, pulled off the OUT post, popped out the poppet valve and put it back in and screwed the post back on. I did not notice any obstruction in the post, valve or dip tube. There was no change in the behavior. Still foamy.

Any ideas?

Sometimes the diptibe can get turned/bent/etc so that there's not enough space between the bottom of it and the bottom of the keg.

It could be something as simple as you agitated one keg more than the other while force carbing.

I've noticed on some of my kegs that the liquid tube ID is larger than others. I noticed this when I was installing the epoxy mixer stix. Some fell to the bottom of the tube while others had to be forced in.

I agree with day_tripper, swap out the other liquid tube and see what happens. If that doesn't work then swap out the other post.

Back