Flyangler's Rabbit Run Rye Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shecky

Just an old guy
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks to the pay it forward thread, I had the good fortune of receiving some of this from flyangler. Excuse the rudimentary nature of the review as I am a first timer at this (reviewing, not drinking).:D

Rabbit Run has a nice spicy aroma with hints of banana and clove. Color is dark copper, heading toward brown. Looks great.

Head was minimal, probably a result of my glasses which are simply run through a dishwasher that is on its last legs. What head there was stuck around the entire time with good lacing.

Spicy, crisp flavor with just a hint of caramel. Reminded me of pumpernickel bread. Very nice. Good medium body, malty but not too much so.

As a hophead partial to PAs and IPAs, I'm new to rye beers. I will be searching for more after flyangler's generous donation. Not only is he an excellent practitioner of English, but he's also a fine brewer.:mug:

Back