Florida brewpubs and breweries, suggestions please!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stella_tigre

Queen of the Upper Mississippi
Reaction score
We are heading out to Florida in a short while and HWMO requested that I ask y'all about good breweries, brewpubs etc to check out while we're there.

Areas of interest include
Orlando
Port Charlotte
Daytona
Pensacola
And anywhere fairly close to any of those, like Mobile Alabama or ??? We'll probaby be stopping in Atlanta, but not sure of our route yet, since weather could be a factor....

We've heard that Asheville NC is something of a brewery hotspot, is it worth routing ourselves through there, either coming or going?

Thanks!

We've heard that Asheville NC is something of a brewery hotspot, is it worth routing ourselves through there, either coming or going?

Thanks!

I can't advise on the rest, but I certainly think Asheville is worth the re-route. Wicked Weed alone is worth it - not to mention a dozen other places in town. Plus it's a gorgeous little town.

Inlet harbor restaurant, just south of Daytona in Ponce inlet, has some good food, and pretty decent selection of local beer. And yes, Asheville is a great beer destination.

This is the brewing mecca in FL I think. Pinellas county. In Dunedin alone there are 4 breweries and a Craft Distillery within 100 feet of each other (Dunedin Brewery, 7eventh Sun, Woodwright, House of Beer, Cotherman Distilling). Mike Cotherman is a member here on HBT (and a good friend of mine :) )

http://www.visitstpeteclearwater.com/gulp-coast-craft-beer-trail

Inlet harbor restaurant, just south of Daytona in Ponce inlet, has some good food, and pretty decent selection of local beer. And yes, Asheville is a great beer destination.

Thanks to you who have responded so far. HWMO used to live near Daytona and remembers Inlet Harbor Restaurant, and he was wondering if they were still there, and worth visiting still.

Struggling a bit with how to work Asheville into the itinerary, it might have to be on another trip. St Pete's might require a stay at a local hotel if we try pub crawling there!

:mug:

Thanks to you who have responded so far. HWMO used to live near Daytona and remembers Inlet Harbor Restaurant, and he was wondering if they were still there, and worth visiting still.

Struggling a bit with how to work Asheville into the itinerary, it might have to be on another trip. St Pete's might require a stay at a local hotel if we try pub crawling there!

:mug:

Yep, it's still there, I was by there in October, but didn't have time to stop, but last December we had lunch there. I had not been in several years, and it seems as if they have a LOT more local beers now, than they used to. Food isn't amazing, but decent, and of course the atmosphere is really cool. We watched dolphins swimming around the dock while we ate.

Pensacola would be in this order

McGuires Irish Pub
Pensacola Bay Brewery
Gulf Coast Brewery
Goat Lips Deli (they brew their own beer)
And there's another sustainable brewery in the works near UWF

There's also Grayton brewery if you want to make the drive. There's one if Fairhope, AL too I believe and that's not too far

Wow, looking forward to this trip, sounds like so many options. For brews, along with the sightseeing!

Bumping this to see if we get any more suggestions. Anyone in the area willing to meet for a beer and some homebrewing talk?

Latest posts

Back