Floral hops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TastyAdventure

Reaction score
I've read several different HomeBrew sources with lists of hops and their characteristics, but that just can't amount to the experience of a bunch of homebrewers. Which hop is the most floral? Pure floral and floral only. No "spicyness" or earthyness. Just floral. I want it.

... I just Brewed a "mock bock" with tettnang and it has a spicyness to it that is a characteristic of some of my other HomeBrew where I didn't treat the yeast right.... I don't think I ever want to use a hop that is "spicy" again

Does it have to be Mittelfreu? There's so many varieties of Hallertau and I'm not sure what my LHBS has available...

Does it have to be Mittelfreu? There's so many varieties of Hallertau and I'm not sure what my LHBS has available...

I can't say much about the other Hallertau's. The only other one I have tried is Hersbrucker and I didn't get anything much from it.

Hallertauer Tradition might do it too. But if you want floral, Mittelfruh is what you want.

Centennial late, whirlpool, or dry hop. This is one floral dude. Same applies to EKG.

Thanks! I actually have a centennial rhizome I'm gonna plant soon. In the mean time I'll try Mittelfreu if I can get my hands on some

Back