Flexwatt and Willhi wh7016c carboy warmer wiring help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

austinb

Reaction score
Hi. I have some flexwatt I plan on making a DIY fermwrap with and I have one of the cheap ebay thermostats the Willhi wh7016c to control the temperature. I don't know a whole lot about electrical wiring but I have done a DIY stir plate before so I am somewhat capable. I just want to make sure I don't mess up the temperature controller and have to wait another 3 weeks for one to ship from China.

The wiring diagram can be seen here http://www.willhi.com/Documents/WH7016Cdatasheet.pdf. I don't want to have to purchase a female 120v outlet and enclosure for it if it isn't necessary, I just want it to work. If possible I would like to just power it with a plain male plug from a cut extension cord and then wire the flexwatt to the temperature controller, is there a way to do this? I'm not really sure where to attach each wire on the temperature controller. Thanks.

Nobody knows how to wire the wh7016c directly to a heating device? I really thought it would be simple and someone could just tell me where to attach each wire to the thermostat device.

Wire it according to the first diagram in section 2 of that datasheet. The extension cord is power input and the heater is the load.

Connect the extension cord white and one wire from the heater to #4. Connect extension cord black to #3 and a jumper to #2. Connect the other wire from the heater to #1.

Connect the temperature probe to #7 and #8. Ignore #5 and #6.

Back