Flavored Skeeter Pee Questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turtlescales

Reaction score
Sorry if this has come up, I didn't quite find what I was looking for in a search.

I am going to make 2 batches of SP this week, but I want different flavors. I'm thinking a cherry lime, and a blackberry lemon.

For the cherry lime, I have key lime juice I plan to substitute for 1/3 of the lemon in the regular recipe. I'm thinking I will add the lime juice last. Does this seem reasonable? I've read the lime can produce off flavors.

Now, for the cherry and the blackberry... I'm not sure if I'd be better to add fruit (probably frozen/thawed) after the initial ferment or just use cans of frozen concentrate to backsweeten.

Any advice, ideas, suggestions?

Thanks as always guys.

Ive found to just make skeeter pee regular then flavor it with koolaide is great the peach mango is really good,I thought about doing it the way you were but someone told me to use koolaide after i backsweetened per koolaide instuctions and it was great i make 4 or 5 different flavors with every batch

Cool idea, I hadn't thought of using koolaid. I will try that if I can't find the concentrate flavors I want. Still working on getting the ferment going on these, have a couple of starters going based off a method I found in another thread. Fingers crossed, otherwise I'll have apfelwein slurry in a few days I can work with.

turtlescales said:
Cool idea, I hadn't thought of using koolaid. I will try that if I can't find the concentrate flavors I want. Still working on getting the ferment going on these, have a couple of starters going based off a method I found in another thread. Fingers crossed, otherwise I'll have apfelwein slurry in a few days I can work with.

I have made Skeeter pee twice and both times I used apflewien slurry and it worked great.

Kampo said:
I have made Skeeter pee twice and both times I used apflewien slurry and it worked great.

The batch I have clearing I'm planning on experimenting with a few flavors.... I have crystal light margarita, and raspberry mist (unsure about the raspberry turned my apflewien green lmao but tasted good) also have some strawberry koolaid.

The crystal light sweatend up 3/4 gallons per packet well.

I used frozen white grape and peach and frozen white grape and red raspberry. 1 can per gallon. It was everyone's favorite! Thaw the frozen juice pour in 1 gallon carboy and then fill the rest of the way with SP

just make the skeeter pee to instuctions and after you backsweeten use regular koolaide packets one packet makes a 6 pack of 12oz bottles if youve got a capper if not it makes 2quarts what it calls for on the pack. Im drinking peach mango as i write this ,i love peach,but thats it just put the koolaide in its already sweeten all you need is the flavor.I always leave a 12 pack regular for 2 reasons no. 1 you can always mix it and number 2 its just as good as any of it.then the answer is 2 packs to the gallon

Back