Flat tripel

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andrewf1985

Reaction score
Ok, so i have a flat tripel as in the title. Bottled on the 9th May. Primed bottles as normal, 1/2 tsp sugar per bottle. They are flat as the day i bottled. Dont know what to do with them, without the fizz they are not that great. Vitals are - OG1.080, FG1.010. Yeast WY3787. I have a feeling i should have used a bottling yeast to get the fizz. I have 53 330ml bottle, half oaked, half normal, reluctant to mix but if needs must. A bit of direction would be great

I once had a tripel that took 6 months randomly to carbonate. I figured maybe the yeast werent healthy by the end of the fermentation or something. Sucked. I even threw in carb drops into each bottle (I usually batch prime which I'd reccomend you start doing) but even those didnt really help much.

Id try gently flipping each bottle upside down to verify a seal and stir up the yeast. Then put them in a warmish room to hopefully carb

I put a crate in a heat cupboard for 2 weeks and no change. Considering kegging and force carbing when i get my corny keg. Patience with this one i think. Annoying because its my first proper Belgian. I think it is yeast stress but there we go. Lesson learnt with that strain i reckon

I once had a tripel that took 6 months randomly to carbonate. I figured maybe the yeast werent healthy by the end of the fermentation or something. Sucked. I even threw in carb drops into each bottle (I usually batch prime which I'd reccomend you start doing) but even those didnt really help much.

Id try gently flipping each bottle upside down to verify a seal and stir up the yeast. Then put them in a warmish room to hopefully carb

Patience is a virtue!! Just cracked one and the carb is slowly getting there and the flavour has improved immensely. Being my first tripel and use of this yeast i was going to use it as a lesson, still will

:mug:

Back