Flat bottomed alternatives to Erlenmeyer Flasks?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

runningweird

Reaction score
I have a 1000ml flask, it's not big enough. I really don't want to drop 50 bucks on a larger flask but nothing else I try will work with a stir plate if the bottom is rounded.

anyone have any ideas?

I've been using a $4 1-gal growler from my LHBS, but the disadvantage is that the bottoms are very contoured so I can't get a vigorous spin speed. Mayhaps other growlers have better bottoms.

A little larger size. I get these free, they originally contained cake icing.
img_1514-58749.jpg

http://cdn.homebrewtalk.com/images/6/0/5/7/0/img_1514-58749.jpg

How large of a flask are you considering that it would cost 50 bucks? I sell a 2k flask for like 18 and 5k flask for like 38..

I bought a 2l flash for relatively little as well. I think it was a homebrewfinds.com find earlier this year. That said, for larger starters (and step ups, I just add wort to the first step starter) I use a 1 gallon jug. The bottom isn't quite flat but the stir bar works perfectly well with it.

maybe I should be looking at beefing up the magnet in my stir plate, I have plenty of 1 and 2 gallon growlers. kosmokramer I am looking at your site now.

maybe I should be looking at beefing up the magnet in my stir plate, I have plenty of 1 and 2 gallon growlers. kosmokramer I am looking at your site now.

My site sucks! It's a new/(previous owner screwed it up so I bought it) shop... Feel free to gimme a call and I'll give u tru price and ship at cost

I use a stainless steel soup pot. It works with my stirbar and holds a couple of gallons. Try a restaurant supply to find one.

Back