fixing a pinlock pin

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skullface1818

Reaction score
I purchased 4 pinlock kegs are rock bottom prices off of Midwest, and for the most part I really enjoyed my deal.....however their is one hardware problem

one of the gas connects is missing a pin and to me, that seems like a problem. I fond a screw that fits in the hole relatively well and got a free tube of mighty putty from work....soo yea, I just attached it and what not.

I'm planning on buffing it out with my dremmel in 24 hours so it fits nice and easy, but yea, does anyone think that this idea will end badly?

I'd also just replace the post, but as long as you're going the band-aid route, the fact it's a gas post on the low-pressure side of the regulator should be pretty low risk.
Aside from dumping a full tank of gas, of course ;)
But the beer and attending humans should be fine...

Cheers - and good luck!

Sounds like a good fix -- especially if you tap the receiving hole to match the set screw threads. But I'm of the "fix it if remotely possible" school.

How does the repair job look/feel?

If it comes apart just perfectly during the middle of the night you could lose all your CO2, and the CO2 in the beer could come out solution making a big mess....

$10 for a new post...

Latest posts

Back