fix NEIPA - oxidized after adding dry hops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

conpewter

Reaction score
Any help would be appreciated. I brewed a NEIPA a while back, 10 gallons. I kegged both and left one to drink later. The first one was good and worked fine. The 2nd one I dry hopped a few days before I started drinking it, this I've done before but not with a NEIPA.

The beer still tastes good, but the color is... not appitizing, it is cloudy as it should be, but darker than the other batch, almost has a gray tinge to it, but not quite. Seems to have gotten better (although not great) over the last couple weeks.

Still tastes pretty good. Any thoughts on fixing it? Gelatin to drop out some of the NEIPA cloudyness and still have something nice? CO2 scrub it and re-dryhop? Just drink it out of a mug and don't give it to anyone?

Not too sure if you can fix a beer that's already oxidized. I wouldn't waste any time, hops, c02, or effort trying to fix it if it tastes good. Drink it up fast and get on to the next one. NEIPAs are all ugly IMO anyway haha.

Drink it quick , ain't no coming back from that. Bobeer how dare you :p these ain't ugly haha
20181219_143402.jpg

Thanks to most of ya'll, I'll just go with what I got for now, go ahead and drink it and not show it to too many folks :)

But I shall decline the advice of brewing it again and not letting it oxidize, finding it isn't my favorite style so going back to stouts and IPAs, same amount of $ and time and I enjoy them more. Thanks!

Back