Five Star 5.2 ph stabilizer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wallyLOZ

Reaction score
Five star 5.2 ph stabilizer. Has anyone used this product? Does it work as stated, 1Tbsp to five gallons of water to stabilize the mash at 5.2? How does it do it? What's in it? A lot of questions I know, but just started with the water chemistry, and now dabbling with mash ph aspect of brewing. TIA

Thank you both for your quick responses. This looked like an easy solution to mash ph. Should know better at my age. LOL!

Yeah, the creator actually has stated he regrets actually making and distributing it - to give you an idea of how much it doesn't work.

In taken from a conversation with AJ DeLange, it was noted "most brewers shouldn't use it/need it and that it was put together for a particular brewery that had variable source water and no desire to make any effort to track that variability." "

R/O or Distilled water + Bru'n Water ...

Acidulated malt to bring down the ph

Baking soda to raise it...

I haven't purchased a quality meter yet... so I couldn't say how accurate it is... but my beers are great... and many people say that Bru'n Water gets them very close when measured.

Back