First Time Makin Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

masterblaster

Reaction score
Just a hello for my first post. I have made wine and decided to try beer. I asked my local brew shop for an easy recipe, so he gave me some extract, and some hops and said boil one hour, then pitch at room temp, 3 weeks primary, 3 weeks bottle, drink. I am going to see how his goes and most likely start making batches on a regular basis.

image-4026955815.jpg

Hooray beer!

Welcome to the obsession. Looks like you got yourself some happy yeast. Cover that carboy up with an old jacket or towel or something to keep the light from skunking your hops.

Nice job! Nothing like a happily bubbling carboy to give you a little boost of confidence in your day. Welcome to the hobby, here's to many more beers!

Congrats! And that actually sounds like some good advice from your brew shop owner! Not entirely common. Good luck! :mug:

I keep the carboy in a spare closet so no sunlight, just pulled it out for a photo op. i also recently keep it in my 6.5 brew bucket with water to keep it cool. Weather warmed up, but not AC weather yet. Thanks for the welcomes! I look forward to many mistakes and unexpected rewards from those mistakes.

Back