First time kegger

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yipp

Reaction score
Today I kegged beer for my first time. It went really well and glad I made the switch from bottling. I have a American ale that I racked to a secondary and had 8 jalapeño peppers soaking in it for 5 days.

After doing some research by reading posts and watching videos, I decided to set my co2 to 10psi and will just leave it for a week. Looking forward to trying the first beer next weekend. I just wanted to post a thank you to all the veteran brewers on here for all the help and insights you provide to us rookies. I would have never taken the plunge without the knowledge I've gained via homebrewtalk. Thank you!

- next goal is building a keezer

Sitting in the fridge thats at about 36. I didn't rock the keg or anything. Just filled the keg, connected the lines, set the co2 to 10 and burped the corny a couple times then put it in the fridge.

Fridge is now sitting steady at 32. Hope that's good.

Well, beer should not be served that cold. I would try to get closer to 38-40F.
However @32F if you want 2.5 volumes of co2 10psi is ....okay... but 8 or 9 would be better.
Now if you go to 38F try to set it @ 11-12psi and @ 40F 12-13psi.

All these pressures will get your beer carbonated correctly but you will have to adjust the
length of your beer line to keep the foam down and serve at a rate that you prefer.

My serving line is 6ft. Thanks very much for the info. I Think I'm going to change the fridge to around 38 and will increase the psi a bit.

Latest posts

Back