First time homebrewer just kegged!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ddlr25

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

Just wanted to say that I have successfully brewed and kegged my first batch of Autumn Amber Ale from Midwest Supplies! It was a very exciting and rewarding process that has me hooked. It's been a great experience thus far and this forum has been a daily resource for any questions that I had along the way. I let the ale sit in the primary for 3 weeks and then racked to a keg today and it's sitting at 10 PSI until it's carbed. It had a bit of banana smell to it when I opened it, but after tasting I don't think it's there. Excited to try it again once it's cold and becomes carbed. Thanks again!

Congrats! Let us know how the Autumn Amber comes out...I added some extra equipment to my r'epertoire when Midwest did a "get a brewing basics kit for 50 bucks with an extract kit" on groupon a couple months back and haven't yet brewed the amber (I had just got 3 kits from Northern).
Where'd you get your kegging equipment?

Will do; I get a little bit from the keg about every hour just to keep trying it. It's still a bit green I think, but hopefully it will mellow out once it carbs and ages a bit. I did the same groupon from Midwest. It seems like it was a pretty good deal. I purchased 2 kegs, a dual regulator, 5lb co2 tank, and a temp controller from kegconnection.com when they had that special running on Black Friday.

I notice you're from KC, any good LHBS in the area? I travel to KC every other weekend and the store that sells some homebrew supplies have outrageous prices.

There are two that I know of... Bacchus and Barelycorn on 67th and Niemen. They're pretty high, but they have some really good brew kits (I highly recommend the "wit's up" belgian wit), but they all run ~50-65 bucks. The other is Homebrew Pro Shoppe on 135th (santa fe) and I-35 (around murlen). I've never been, but I've heard they're cheaper from one of my buddies and the other said that they're higher on some stuff and Bacchus is higher on some stuff.
I understand the need to support local, but it's hard to warrant spending 50 bucks on a kit when I can get 2 for that much online.
KCBrewer is on here (just usually not the beginner forum) all the time and might know more

Edit: How much did the keg setup set you back?

Cool, I'll have to stop and check those out some weekend.

I paid $288.85 shipped for everything. Let me know when you brew that Amber Ale, I'm curious to see how yours goes

Latest posts

Back