First time brewer, long time drinker...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dyeBARTdie

Reaction score
Hello All,

My wife gave me a NorthernBrewers GC for xmas. I used it to purchase a deluxe kit with the Caribou Slobber extract. It is currently fermenting. I will be going whole grain soon.

Thanks

Joe

Welcome! I just received the NB deluxe kit last week. I ended up running a Irish Stout extract kit since the Caribou Slobber kit was missing the DME.

Hope your fermentation is going well!

Welcome! I just received the NB deluxe kit last week. I ended up running a Irish Stout extract kit since the Caribou Slobber kit was missing the DME.

Hope your fermentation is going well!

The next morning it was going good. Had a vigorous fermentation for 24 hours. It has since slowed considerably. I will be purchasing hydrometer soon.

You'd think "deluxe" kit they'd include the $15 hydrometer. I'd have rather had that the thermometer. haha

Did you rehydrate your dry yeast or did you pitch it dry for the caribou slobber? Thinking I'll rehydrate mine this weekend when I brew it.

You'd think "deluxe" kit they'd include the $15 hydrometer. I'd have rather had that the thermometer. haha

Did you rehydrate your dry yeast or did you pitch it dry for the caribou slobber? Thinking I'll rehydrate mine this weekend when I brew it.

I rehydrated it per the Danstar Windsor directions.

Been brewing for about 5 years. Started with a red ale extract kit and got hooked. Brewed in the stove top then out in the garage. Got tired of dragging my equipment around so took a break to build a electric brewing system and am getting to the end. Hope to brewing in another month or two. Glad to see all the Michigan folks on here. I am in Battle Creek.

Back