First serving my brews to others - success!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RevZen

Reaction score
I'm very much a beginner - have brewed five batches, starting July 17. Three are in bottles and ready to drink: a Nut Brown Ale, a Porter, and a Cream Ale. There is also a Red Ale in the secondary and an IPA (really looking forward to this one) in the primary.

So today we had an open house - 51 people, ages 4 - 90, showed up, and many tried our beer... including the friend who taught us how to brew in July. Folks liked the beer! :D

The Nut Brown Ale was a particular hit, but those who like Porter really appreciated it, too. I think the Cream Ale needs some more bottle conditioning myself - it is kind of flat, yet - but the folks who tried that liked it too. What fun! And one guest asked me to teach her to brew, too. Which I will happily do. This coming week we'll visit family, including parents and grown sons, and are taking some to them also. Dad is a real Porter fan so I'm looking forward to seeing whether he likes ours as well as Yuengling.

Anyway, just wanted to share this happy outcome. :mug: Sharing beer is as much fun as brewing it.

Cheers!
Susan

Cool isn't it?

It is a great feeling having other people drink your brews and like them. I have taught a couple of people to brew as a reslt of tasting my brews.

Keep brewing....You will only get better.

I got a little of that on our anniversary yesterday. Now that my BuckIPA is matured properly,& chilled 5 days,my wife liked it way better than the first tasting. She really likes the cooper's English bitter I brewed with Haulertauer hops. 2 weeks in the bottle yesterday,but was low carbonation ale to style. I thought it needed another week or two myself. But once it got up to 50-55F in the glass,that caramel/biscuit flavor of the malt started coming through. So I'm happy with at least that.

Thanks, all! Unionrdr - your anniversary was the 27th? Ours was the 28th - 29 years. Would have liked to celebrate with a homebrew, but after church, we packed the car and started the long drive to SE Pennsylvania to visit my folks - plenty of homebrew packed in the car to share with the fam (parents, & 2 eldest adult sons who may drive up from DC to check out what mom & little bro have brewed up). It will be a long day on the road, but we'll ice up some of the beer when we're almost there. "7

Again, thanks all!

Happy trails,
Susan

Yeah revzen,34 years as of Saturday the 27th. We celebrated with my IPA,& an English bitter. Had rump roast slathered with some more of that savory key lime oil & some rub. Corn & potatoes grilled up as well.
Sat in the shade with the 2 German crystal & pewter steins I found on amazon. I hope yours was a good time with good home brew,food,& family. I love that when my ales are good,she doesn't hesitate to let me know. If she doesn't care for it,she'll tell me what part she doesn't like. I think we 're getting another convert,slow but sure. She's even starting to like my IPA!!

Back