First mistake in over a year of brewing.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Addicted

Reaction score
I've been buying a few screw top growlers from the store down the street from me,i had the bright idea to bottle in some to save some labor.Sure enough after bottling i read here caps can bulge,fly off or they will explode or not carb.The caps seem very tight fitting,think i should just wait it out with them in buckets incase of a disaster?...Or i could ked the gallon of beer if i had too.I'm leaning towards just monitoring them with welding gloves on and safety glasses lol.

I have bottled in a growler twice and had no problem. You should be fine as long as you dont over carb. you get them full of carbed beer and that keeps just fine.

Wow.....not too shabby. I had made well over 100 mistakes in my first year of brewing ;)

Bottle conditioning in growlers is not recommended, they are not pressure rated. One speck of soil that would merely be a gusher with normal bottles could break it. You'd be better off using a classy 2l soda bottle.

That being said, I think every home brewer bottles in a growler or two over the many batches...I've done it before myself:eek: doesn't make it the right thing to do though!

Well i think I'm just going to put them in buckets and hope for the best.Not the most risky thing i have done.

Kmart123,maybe It's because i love to cook and brewing is sorta like cooking but easier.I've had great luck from the start starting with full boils almost right off the bat.The only thing i had to really dial in was my final volume after the boil was done.

Latest posts

Back