First Keezer and Kegging

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WesM63

Reaction score
Just semi-completed my first keezer and kegging. Just wwanted to show it off and say THANKS a bunch. HBT has been extremely helpful throughout the entire process.

Anyway, it's a Idylis 7cu model (Part# ICM070LC). Looks like it should fit around 4 cornies but the regulator on the co2 tank is to tall to sit on the hump. Looks like i'll have to get an extension or something.

Collar and Taps are next on the list. Can't forget the HBT sticker, wouldn't be complete without that.

VofHmpx.jpg

Pm1E9CL.jpg

The keg is an All Citra Pale Ale i'm calling JACPA. (just another citra pale ale) It's around 41 IBU and 4.86%. Currently force carbonating at 25psi.

I am super excited to drink this thing, the hydrometer sample was delicious!

How's the freezer working out as a keezer? Thinking about getting one this week... For the price, seems like a no-brainer.

When you put the collar on, make sure it will accommodate a keg on the hump, plus room for connections.

Looking good. :)

I just got done (mostly) building my keezer (7.0 cu ft.) and it will hold 3 ball locks with the C02 tank on the hump. I have a collar on mine, 6" tall and it's probably 2" short from holding another ball lock on the hump. I thought about adding another 2" to my collar but after lifting a full keg into it, I think I'm happy holding 3 :D

Back