First cleaning of boil in a basket

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cacm2226

The Scottish Kilt
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I just received my custom boil in a basket from Utah bio diesel. It needs to be cleaned and sanitized. What is the best process for this? Thanks in advance.

Chris

I would purchase some TSP (not the fake stuff), mix it according to the label instructions, and use it to clean your new equipment. Rinse thoroughly, and then rinse again. I wouldn’t worry about sanitizing it as you’ll be boiling it.

I just received my custom boil in a basket from Utah bio diesel. It needs to be cleaned and sanitized. What is the best process for this? Thanks in advance.

Chris
How much was it and what size I'm kind of intrested in buying one just dont know from where

I wash all my new equipment in Dawn dish soap first then run it thru my Alkaline Brewery wash SOP. It removes the oil from anything( even ducks)

How much was it and what size I'm kind of intrested in buying one just dont know from where
I believe it came out to about $230. It was a custom build from Utah bio diesel which is the same as arbor fab. The size was to fit a bayou classic 15 gal kettle. I also ordered a press plate for it as well as a U-bar support to be used with the basket hooks to support it above the kettle.

If it fits in a bucket or is not able to take 180*, it gets a soak and scrub. If it can take the heat I put it in my kettle and recirc with a pump and hose, a little scrubbing and done. When something is new you shouldn't have to scrub to much. Note: air locks can't take the heat!

Back