First briskett

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snowbeast

Reaction score
I got a mini Weber for Christmas and using it for the first time today.
I bought a 1.5 kilo brisket and have coated it in a flour, salt, pepper and dried garlic mixture. The brisket just fits onto my little braai.
I've taken some local chips that where from a red wine barrel and added a shot of bourbon and a touch of water.
It's now cooking away while I'm enjoying the first of my ipa.
Good day in sunny south Africa.
4ajesyhe.jpg

aruzubyz.jpg

Sent from my C1905 using Home Brew mobile app

Was delicious mate. I pulled it off a bit early and had to put it back on but was very juicy. The flour formed a crust and kept the juices in.

I'll be doing my first brisket this weekend on my new MasterForge vertical propane smoker that I got for Christmas. We'll see how it goes, hopefully its as successful as yours, even though my smoker is on the deck and not the wall! :)

Haha, you forget we live in mud huts and have pet lions.
Haha

And certainly the brisket was from a wildebeest or something like that. But as tough as it must be to be sideways like that it must be better than those people in Australia hanging upside like they do.

But seriously, I'm impressed that you can make a decent brisket in a little grill like that. I've been dragging around a big smoker grill to cook my brisket on.

I'm shooting a Warthog soon. So apart from saussage, I'll be smoking small bits.
I love my little smoker. If I have mates over I have to cook boneless cuts due to size.

I'm shooting a Warthog soon. So apart from saussage, I'll be smoking small bits.
I love my little smoker. If I have mates over I have to cook boneless cuts due to size.

Latest posts

Back