First brew stand

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aufgehdraht

Reaction score
So my work was going to throw away a bunch of 1 inch tubing and i commandeered it for a brew stand. I think a two tier will work out best since i have a pump all ready. I use a brew built 15 gallon, and two coolers for mlt and hlt. Planing on mlt and bk on same level with hlt up above. My main question is how do i not melt my mlt? Was trying to find a definitive answer with google and youtube university but nothing really came up. So is it spacing ive heard any where from 2 to 6 inches and ive also heard of ppl using hardie board. Oh im using a turkry fryer burner the smaller style that sounds like a jet when i turn it up. Thanks for any and all help.

A piece of sheet metal from Lowes or Home Depot will do the trick -

metal siding - anything.

Match drill holes through the sheet metal and a board of equal size behind it. Follow the stack sequence of putting a bolt through the metal, place two nuts on the bolt all the way to the head, put the bolts through the board and use nuts on the ends of the bolts to tie it all together. You will wind up with a metal firewall, air space behind it, and a board behind that. I would space the bolts out about every 6 to 9 inches depending on what looks good.

The width of the heat shield that oyu made should be enough to protect the width of your MLT.

This is probably a little overkill, but it will work

Yea thats kinda what i was thinking was just hopeing to get a first hand account of either melting or not melting one and what it took to do so

Back