First brew question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikerock

Reaction score
I did my first brew on Monday and today there doesn't seem to be much activity in the carboy. The airlock is only bubbling once every 45 seconds. Is this normal? The beer is at about 62 degrees which falls in the range for my yeast. Maybe just a bit worried since this is my first time brewing. What do you guys think?

Its fine....be patient and let it sit for three 3 weeks in the primary then bottle condition for 3 weeks. Congratulations on the first brew!

Thanks Wyoming! It seems like the krasen has dropped too...is that okay? I appreciate your help.

It sure is. It means that your yeast have started into phase 3 of the 3 parts and need another week or 2 to finish the job. This last phase is silent, no bubbling at all but the yeast are still hard at work breaking down the intermediate products and making more alcohol. You just have to be patient. :rockin:

Thanks RM! Appreciate the help from you guys. This site is great and there is so much knowledge flowing all around

Back