First brew in almost a year - still got it

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stephonovich

Reaction score
The last time I brewed was around September; made a Pumpkin Ale that I never ended up drinking (gasp!) due to issues with my new DIY kegerator setup. Since then I moved and got married, so brewing wasn't high on the priority list.

Anyway, I'm nearing completion of my Five-tap kegerator, so the wife encouraged me to start brewing again. It being already balls-hot here in Charleston, I decided to make a Hefeweizen. Pretty simple recipe; 90/10 Pale Wheat/2-Row, with Safale WB-06, 0.5 oz Chinook FWH, 1 oz. Citra Aroma, and 1 oz. Citra Dry Hop. *shrug* I've had pretty good luck making stuff up and it tasting alright, so we'll see. I've got my fermentation chamber cooling down currently, so I should be able to hold it at 66 F to keep banana at bay - I hate banana-y Hefes.

Anyway, all this to say even with the expected flubs like over-shooting mash temps, under-shooting volume, etc., I still wound up within 0.002 of my O.G. I call that a good day.

Anyone else brewing on Mother's Day? :mug:

Grats on making the comeback, and grats on getting married! I hope everything works out great for you!

I'll be brewing a Morris Otter/Summit SMaSH this morning. First time with both of these ingredients, so I'm interested in the outcome. :)

I've only made one SMaSH (Munich and Chinook). It turned out alright, although the hop flavor didn't stick around as much as I thought it should. Maybe old hops. Best of luck!

Brewed today. Wife took off to visit her mom with the kids. Had a 10 gallon jug of 1.080 maple sap that was hogging my kegerator space and it's been getting too warm to just leave my kegs out in the garage. So it got brewed up. :mug:

Back