First Brew Day Completed!!!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

landrer

Reaction score
I have been researching, studying, and watching videos of every home brew topic that I could get my hands on for the past 3 months. I finally decided that it was time to dive in and brew. I brewed a NB Honey Brown Ale and cannot wait to drink it in about 6 weeks. A huge THANK YOU goes to everyone who posts at HomeBrewTalk for helping to fuel my new obsession.

First Brew
2150-photo-jan-16-2-49-34-pm.jpg

La Fin du Monde in the glass and NB Honey Brown in the pot. :mug:
2151-photo-jan-16-2-49-58-pm.jpg

A little Chimay and Seafood Gumbo as a reward for a good Brew day.
2152-photo-jan-16-2-50-14-pm.jpg

Congratulations and welcome to the addiction. You obviously have excellent tastes in food and beer too - excellent pairing of Chimay Blue and seafood gumbo! I'm jealous.

Congratulations and welcome. I will be doing my first 5 gallon batch this comeing Saturday.

Roger

I was actually surprised as to how well the Chimay paired with Seafood Gumbo. Trust me, it was not done on purpose. Also, I made the mistake of treating La Findu Monde and Chimay as session beers. I know better than that and paid dearly for it today.

24 hours later...

Active Fermentation!!!!! I am F'n pumped!!!!!

2162-my-first-fermintation.jpg

Enjoy! I grew up in Sulphur and if you can taste the earth like we do.. then you will be doing just fine.. Brew 5 gallons a week.. Us coonasses like to drink and eat so we need a few cases on reserver. :mug:

Welcome sir! And you already recognize healthy fermentation as a good thing....excellent.

Where was this forum when I started? LOL! Wait, "why didn't I join this forum before I started" is a better question.

Let us know how it turns out!

Looking great! Wow, you seem to be way ahead of the game with that beautiful brew pot and fermentation chamber!!! Brew on brother brew on!

My brother's neighbor was throwing the freezer away because it smelled funny. I got a great deal on it -- FREE. I just threw a Johnson controller on it and added a ceramic space heater. Instant ferm tank. Works great.

Back